- Resources providing free business plan templates
- For those planning a business
- Makes the process easier and more manageable
Business plans are decision-making tools. If you’ve never written one before, or if you just want to save time and effort, downloadable business templates can be a big help.
Some examples of free business templates include:
- A simple business plan template from The Balance
- A nine-section business plan template from SCORE
- A template from Bplans
- Office Templates from Microsoft 365
Free templates offer a useful guide for completing your business plan. While you’ll need to tailor the plan to your own idea, the template helps ensure that you are including the necessary information
But be cautious: Free templates often have limited customization, and may be off-putting to investors if they have seen the same business plan format multiple times. Market data and other information in the template may be out of data, which could skew your financial information.
The advantage of using a paid business plan template service is that you’ll receive up-to-date information as well as other perks, such as additional customization. Alternatively, you can hire a business expert or consult with a mentor to get feedback on your plan.