skip to Main Content
MSJ NEWS see latest news

Connecticut Department of Labor Allowing “Catch-Up” Period for Paid Leave Deductions Through March 31

  • Connecticut Paid Leave Authority announces catch-up period for employers who fell behind on payroll deductions in 2021
  • Eligible employers have been required to withhold 0.5 percent from employees’ paychecks to support Connecticut’s paid family and medical leave program
  • Through March 31, employers may deduct up to 1.5 percent

Summary by Dirk Langeveld

Connecticut employers who fell behind on their contributions to the state’s paid family and medical leave program will have a few months to catch up, the Connecticut Paid Leave Authority recently announced.

Eligible employers are required to collect 0.5 percent deductions from employee paychecks to contribute to the Connecticut Paid Leave Authority on a quarterly basis. Companies that missed required deductions in 2021 can deduct an additional 1 percent, for a total of 1.5 percent, through March 31.

The bump-up in contributions can only occur during this period. Questions can be directed to the Connecticut Paid Leave Authority through their website.

Spread the Word

More To Explore

Expert Summaries

Know Your Competitors

By Denis Jakuc 

There are tons of benefits to knowing who your competitors are—what they’re offering, their strengths and weaknesses. That knowledge can help you make your products and services stand out,

Latest News

Join with Free InnovatorsLINK Account

Start accessing all the free member benefits and valuable content on the InnovatorsLINK platform. Create a BizLINK listing to boost brand exposure, receive the weekly Main Street Journal newsletter, engage in forums, get full access to free content, and more.