- U.S. Small Business Administration Connecticut District Office offering awards to complement national program
- Awards to be given in 10 categories
- Nominations must be submitted by Jan. 11
Summary by Dirk Langeveld
As a supplement to the U.S. Small Business Administration’s National Small Business Week Awards, the SBA’s Connecticut District Office is offering a set of 10 local small business awards.
Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Small Business Person of the Year
- Exporting Small Business of the Year
- Jeffrey Butland Family-Owned Small Business of the Year
- Minority Small Business Owner
- Veteran Small Business Owner
- Woman Small Business Owner
- Young Entrepreneur
- Small Business Manufacturer
- Financial Services Champion
Businesses must fit within the category of the award, have a three-year track record, and received at least one type of SBA assistance in order to be nominated and receive the award. The office must also receive a complete nomination package.
Nominations must be submitted by 3 p.m. on Jan. 11. Full details on award requirements are available here.